CuriousJr - Backend - Job Description
CuriousJr is India’s first mobile-based code learning platform for K12, focused on students aged 8 to 17yrs old, and provides this functionality in vernacular languages. India has a total of 270M students in K12 and 88% of them do not have access to laptops, we are innovating to make coding education accessible to the future builders of the world through a learn-by-doing approach, and AI-assisted learning on Mobile.
We are on the journey to redefine the status quo on education hence we are building a team of innovators and out-of-box thinkers. We believe in grinding, learning, and producing the result of the highest quality.
Amit and Ali have spent 5 years in the education industry and are also the co-founders of MindOrks, the biggest platform for learning Android Development. Their passion for teaching has impacted the lives of millions of coders. Mridul has built businesses from scratch that generated millions of dollars in revenue at OYO and played a pivotal role in the vernacular social network, Circle.
CuriousJr Android App: Google Playstore Link
We are looking for a Back-end web developer responsible for building scalable systems to support demanding client applications. You will be responsible for designing and implementing REST services for the Mobile and Websites. The role also includes deployment and maintenance of the server applications. You will be collaborating with the front-end and content team to translate their products into the server infrastructure. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Design and implement APIs for the mobile application and website.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Develop and maintain scalable server infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the front-end developers for the application requirements.
- Collaborate with the content team for deploying the content.
- Participate in building features and new ideas.
- Provide training and support to internal teams.
- Follow emerging technologies and good coding practices.
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Strong database concepts and optimizations
- Experience with REST APIs and Git version control
- Knowledge of security implementation in web services
- Basic knowledge of Linux and command-line tools
- Work experience with vscode and Postman
This will be work from our corporate office in Gurgaon.
If you find yourself fit for this role then drop your resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org